Sexual assault
What to do
If you have experienced sexual assault:

Talk with someone you trust. It's not easy, but it's important to talk about it so that you don't feel alone with the secret. 

Seek help. (e.g. a parent, teacher, nurse, school or CLSC counsellor or call Tel-jeunes). This person can offer support to help make you feel better, regain control of your life and protect you if the assault persists or if there is a risk of repeated assault.  

Consult a doctor. If you have been sexually assaulted, it's a good idea to see a doctor right away (avoid taking a shower or bath). This consultation will help in treating any injuries you may have sustained, in detecting STIs, in preventing a pregnancy, and in collecting evidence of the assault that may prove useful if you decide to file a complaint. Call Tel-jeunes at 1 800 263-2266. We can refer you to a specialized clinic.

File a complaint. When you feel up to it, you can report the assault to the police. You can make this choice to protect yourself or others from a future assault, or because it’s a way to regain control over your life. It's never too late to report an assault to the police. You can even do so several years later.

express yourself

What are my strengths?

Thank you for your vote.

related sites